See below for general ferry FAQs or choose a link below for either Public or Corporate rider FAQs
What are the drop off/pick up locations and hours of operation?
- For North Station, the ferry stop is located at LoveJoy Wharf at the intersection of Beverly St & the Harborwalk.
- For the Seaport, the ferry stop is located at Fan Pier located along the Harbor walk between Harbor Shore Dr. & Marina Park Dr.
- For East Boston the ferry stop is located at the intersection of Lewis St & E Pier Dr. next to the Lewis Mall Harbor Park
- Hours of Operation:
- North Station Service
- 6:20am-9:40am & 3:20pm-7pm with departures every 20 mins in both directions
- East Boston Service(Lewis Mall Wharf)
- AM: 5:55am-10:05am from East Boston (Lewis Mall) to Seaport (Fan Pier) with service every 20 mins
- PM: 3:15pm-7:05pm from the Seaport (Fan Pier) to East Boston (Lewis Mall) with service every 20 mins
- North Station Service
What is the travel time?
The approximate travel time for each route is below (inclusive of loading & unloading):
- North Station (Lovejoy Wharf) to the Seaport (Fan Pier): 17-20 minutes
- East Boston (Lewis Mall) to the Seaport (Fan Pier): 10 minutes
**Travel times may also vary in inclement weather. **
ARE BICYCLES ALLOWED ON THE FERRY?
Bikes are allowed on the Ferry, however, space is limited and is based on a first come first serve basis. In addition, all bicyclists must dismount & walk their bicycles on board. All bicycles must be stored in the designated bicycle storage area on each vessel. All bicycles may not be left on the boats for more than one trip and the MCCA is not responsible for stolen or damaged bicycles.
WHAT IS YOUR ACCESSIBILITY & PARA-TRANSIT POLICY?
All ferry vessels & docks are ADA compliant, space is limited and is based on a first come first serve basis. Should you need any additional assistance or if you would like to pre-arrange please feel free to reach out directly to the MCCA at: MCCATransportationServices@signatureboston.com.
Trained Service Animals are allowed on board as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
What is your holiday schedule?
Service will not operate on weekends or the following holidays:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day/Washington’s Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
What amenities are available on the ferry?
Both of the ferries are equipped with free Wi-Fi for the passengers to use and GPS trackers that can be accessed in real time via the ferry website & at the below links
The Moira Smith:
The Douglas Gurian:
MV Crispus Attucks
How many passengers can the ferry hold?
The ferry service from North Station consists of two vessels, MV Douglas Gurian & Moria Smith. The ferry service from East Boston contains one vessel, MV Crispus Attucks.
Each vessel has the capacity to hold 97 passengers indoors and the vessels are ADA compliant.
LOST & FOUND Policy
Before disembarking the vessel, please check your surrounding area for items that may have dropped or fallen during your ride. If you recover any items on the Ferry please turn them into a crew member on the boat. The crew staff will be able to return any Lost and Found items at the end of each day. Lost items are held for 30 days and if no one claims the item within 30 days the item will be donated to charity or properly disposed of or destroyed. For any lost items please inquire with the MCCA Transportation office directly at: MCCATransportationservices@signatureboston.com.
The MCCA is not liable for any damages of personal items.